Before attending the event, be sure to review our rules and policies below. These rules are simple, easy to follow, and exist to ensure that everybody at Anime Blues have a safe and happy time. Please note that violation of these policies may result in removal of your badge and ejection from Anime Blues Con without refund of your badge money. Our staff is on hand and will be more than happy to handle any questions or concerns you may have.
General Rules & Conduct
- Please remember that everyone is here to have fun. Disruptive or unsafe behavior is strictly prohibited at Anime Blues.
- This includes but is not limited to: physical, verbal, or sexual harassment; public inebriation or intoxication; nudity and inappropriate attire; running indoors; shouting; blocking doorways or heavy traffic areas; and activities that endanger people or property.
- Anything prohibited by law in Shelby Country is also prohibited at Anime Blues Con.
- Anime Blues takes no responsibility for any damages incurred to property or person.
- Anime Blues Con is committed to creating a safe and welcoming environment for all. As such, we ask you to remember that boundaries and comfort levels vary from person to person.
- Do not assume that a behavior you would find acceptable is therefore acceptable to another person.
- It is each individual's responsibility to obtain definitive consent from another person for anything that involves that person. The absence of expressed consent must be treated as refusal. It is likewise every individual's right to dictate their own boundaries and be respected.
- Anime Blues Con will not tolerate harassment and reserves the right to revoke badge privileges and remove from the premises anyone found to be contributing to an unsafe or hostile convention environment.
- If you feel that you are unsafe or being harassed, please approach any member of Staff for assistance in finding a member of our Public Safety team or City of Memphis Police. Your safety and comfort are a top priority.
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, or other protected class status, sexual images in public places, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography, or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Harassment may be subtle, manipulative and is not always evident. It does not refer to occasional compliments of a socially acceptable nature. It refers to behavior that is not welcome and is personally offensive. All forms of gender harassment are covered. Men can be harassed; men can harass men; women can harass other women.
~ Jokes, insults and innuendos (based on race, sex, age, disability, etc), degrading sexual remarks, referring to someone as a stud, hunk or babe; whistling; cat calls, comments on a persons body or sex life, or pressures for sexual favors.
~ Gestures, staring, touching, hugging, glomping, patting, blocking a person's movement, brushing against a person's body intentionally, or display of sexually suggestive or degrading pictures, racist or other derogatory cartoons or drawings.
~ Unwanted photography after verbally requesting it to be stopped, clandestine photography or videography for the purpose of exploitation (hidden cameras, upskirt video, etc.)
If you see something, Say something
- Our minimal dress standards are shirt and shorts for men and full-coverage bikini top and bottom for women, with shoes required at all times and no exceptions for Cosplay in public areas.
- Anime Blues Con attempts to make sure everyone at the event has a great time and expresses themselves in a way they choose but certain levels of undress can cause issues with a large subset of our other attendees.
Staff/Volunteer/Security shirts are not allowed unless it clearly states the organization it is from.
- Anyone found posing as Staff/Volunteer/Security will be escorted out of the convention. (Don't wear the shirt unless you want to be put to work)
- Badges are required for all convention functions and must be forward facing, on the front of your body and above the waist. Keep your badge secure and visible on your person at all times. If you lose you badge, you must purchase another at full cost.
- Your badge grants you access to all non-specialty events and function spaces based on availability and convention policies.
- Badges and wristbands remain the property of Anime Blues Con over the course of the weekend, and must be surrendered on request by an authorized representative of Anime Blues Con.
- Please do not damage venue or hotel property. Any damages or theft in a hotel room will be charged to the registered guest.
- If you are found sleeping in the public areas, you will be asked to go to your hotel room or leave the event space.
- The MCCC venue is our partner in putting on our convention It's our home for the weekend. Please help us take care of our home so we can continue to produce a fun and affordable event.
Due to MCCC polices the following is not allowed inside the venue whether in Cosplay or not:
- Sharp-pointed weapons(Knives, Swords, Axes, etc)
- Roller Skates or Skateboards
- Leashes or loose metal chains
- Firearms (Please see Weapons Policy for additional information)
- Attendees of Anime Blues Con attend at their own risk. Anime Blues is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property, or for injuries sustained during the course of the event.
- There will be some spaces or events where you cannot take large bags, weapons, or props, such as the Dealers Room or Dances. You will need to seek a safe place to store these items while you are in there.
- Anime Blues Con strives to be a all-ages friendly event, but Anime Blues Con also hosts thousands of people at our convention.
- To help protect children, everyone under the age of 16 should have a parental or guardian escort at all times. Children should carry some form of identification and parent/guardian contact information at all times.
Photos & Videos
- By purchasing a badge and/or participating in our events, you are implicitly granting permission to be photographed or recorded by Anime Blues Con for promotional or archival use.
- We also encourage fan and outside professional photography and videos, unless the subject does not wish to be photographed. Do not set up any lighting structures or backdrops that are not immediately portable.
- Photographers may be asked to move due to traffic at any time. Blocking doorways or heavy traffic areas is prohibited.
- Please refrain from taking photos or videos in events or rooms that do not allow photography, which will be indicated at those locations.
* By attending Anime Blues Con you agree to follow all rules set forth by the convention and failure to adhere to those rules may result in lose of badge and being escorted off the convention grounds. Rules are subject to change without notice and it is your (the Attendee's) responsibility to check the convention rules for changes in policy.