The Anime Blues Con Weapons Policy is a summary of items that are not allowed at the convention.
- No sharp points or sharp blades on weapons/props. (Swords, Knives, Axes, etc)
- Live-Steel weapons such as Swords, Knives, Axes are allowed however must remain sheathed at all times of the convention. Your weapon/prop must be peace-bonded by a member of our Public Safety team to prevent the weapon from being un-sheathed.
- If your bladed weapon/prop does not have a sheath or cannot be peace-bonded for safety it is therefore not allowed and you will be asked to put it in your Hotel Room/Car for storage.
Projectile Firing Weapons:
- You may possess projectile firing weapons if they have been permanently and substantially disabled.
- Bows, crossbows, etc:
- Arrows are allowed however it must not be able to cause physical harm. (No blades, or Sharp Points)
- Airsoft, BB Gun, Nerf, and Paintball guns, etc:
- Must have a permanent orange tip on the muzzle.
- No ammunition may be possessed.
- Barrel must be plugged if possible.
- May not contain a pressurized container. If the weapon/device is found to contain a pressurized container it will be treated as a firearm.
- Bows, crossbows, etc:
Items designed for offensive or defensive purposes:
- Any item that is designed, marketed, intended, possessed, or sold for offensive r defensive purposes will not be allowed. (Expandable batons, mace, pepper spray, bear spray, flail/mace, brass knuckles, etc)
- You may not bring any firearms or device capable of delivering a projectile with a chemical reaction, explosive, or pressurized container. (Pistol, revolver, taser, shotgun, rifle, etc)
- IE, No Guns Allowed!
Props and Replicas:
- Must be less than 7 feet in length (2 meters)
- Must be less than 15 pounds (7 kilograms)
- Any prop that is used in an offensive or defensive manner, that would otherwise be permitted under this policy, shall be considered a restricted weapon under this policy.
- Public safety personnel (Convention, Hotel, Convention Center, and City of Memphis Police) will be present at all times during the convention. At all venues, you will be under observation, even if you don't have a weapon or are wearing a costume.
- A Peace Bonded weapon is an item that has been inspected by Anime Blues Con Staff, and has been secured so that said item can be recognized as a non-lethal weapon by means of identification.
- All prop weapons, realistic or not, must be peace-bonded by Anime Blues Con Staff personnel.
- Peace-Bonding is available at the Registration Desk.
- Removal of a peace-bond or addition of one by anyone other than Anime Blues Con Staff will not be tolerated.
- This policy shall apply at all official Anime Blues Con events, including, but not limited to: The Memphis Cook Convention Center, Sheraton Downtown Memphis Hotel, Civic Center Plaza, and all surrounding areas reserved for use by Anime Blues Con.
- Only Anime Blues Con may determine whether any particular item covered by this policy is permitted or not permitted at Anime Blues Con and such determination is solely, exclusively, and absolutely at the discretion of Anime Blues Con. Persons who do not cooperate with the determinations of Anime Blues Con concerning the application of this policy to any particular item may be immediately expelled from the convention.
- Persons who carry or otherwise bring prop weapons, replicas, or similar items do so at their own, sole, and absolute risk, and assume all risks of liability, harm, damage, or loss to any person or property injured or otherwise harmed, intentionally or accidentally, directly or indirectly by such items or the person carrying them.
- Anime Blues Con is and shall not be liable for any injury, harm, damage, or other risk or liability associated with any person's use of any weapon, replica, or prop, whether permitted or banned here after at Anime Blues Con.
- In no event shall Anime Blues Con and/or its affiliates and subsidiaries, or the Memphis Cook Convention Center, Sheraton Downtown Memphis Hotel have any liability for any incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages hereunder, even if informed of the possibility of same.