Anime Blues Con 7 Cosplay Contest
NOVICE - If you're new cosplaying and crafting your own costumes in general, this is the category for you.
JOURNEYMAN -Have a couple of cosplay contest wins under your belt? Or maybe you've been sewing for a few years and you finally decided to enter into cosplay? This is the category for you.
MASTER - This category is for those cosplayers who are extremely talented and have the awards and craftsmanship experience to prove it.
EXHIBITION - Maybe you haven't quite worked out how to sew but you're really talented at assembling pieces together to create a costume? Or maybe you just want to enter for fun? This category is for people who either aren't eligible for a craftsmanship award or they just want to enter the contest for the fun of it.
GROUP - This category is for those brave souls who manage to get all their friends coordinated in a themed cosplay group! If you're a group of two or more, you are eligible to enter this category.
|Best in Show (Craftsmanship Only)||Best Closet Cosplay|
|Best in Class (Craftsmanship Only)||Best Original Design|
|Best Group||Most Creative Use of Materials|
|Judge's Choice||Best Armor (Craftsmanship Only)|
|Best Wig (Craftsmanship Only)||Best Makeup|
|Best Prop (Craftsmanship Only)||Best Stage Presence|
|Best Female Character||Best Up and Coming Cosplayer|
|Best Male Character||Best Theme Costume|
- You must have a valid Anime Blues Con badge in order to participate
- Costumes that have won Craftsmanship awards (including Group) at other conventions or past Anime Blues Con's are prohibited from entering as anything other than Exhibition.
- Entrants that have won performance/skit based awards can still enter with those costumes.
- Purchased costumes may only be entered as an Exhibition entry. Commissioned costumed may only be entered into the craftsmanship categories if the creator is present for judging.
- Contestants must have made over 60% of their costume and props to be eligible to compete as anything other than Exhibition. Entrants in the Kids Individual category are exempt from this rule.
- Children entering in the Kids Individual category must be accompanied by an adult or guardian
- Exhibition costumes will not be eligible for a craftsmanship awards
- All costumes and props must be made by at least one member of the group to qualify for craftsmanship judging.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All judging will be done before the Contest, off-stage. The detailed criteria and weighting of scores are completely up to the judges.
- The judging is only guaranteed for the first 50 entrants signed-up at the convention. Groups count as 1 entrant and only need to fill out one form. Stand-by entrants will only be judged if time permits. Remember we operate on a first come, first served basis. Pre-judging time and dates are TBA.
- To be judged for accuracy, a visual reference MUST be turned in with the application. Reference pictures must be on paper. Computer or cell phone images are not allowed. Progress photos are also allowed and highly encouraged in order to display in more detail the process of creation. You may not be eligible for accuracy points if the judges are not familiar with your character. References submitted will not be returned.
- Contestants will have time to walk across the stage and strike three poses for the audience at the Catwalk.
- You must attend the judging session and Contest in the costume you're entering.
- All costumes and props must conform to Anime Blues Con's behavior, safety, and prop weapon policies.
- Costumes must be self-contained and self-sufficient. Connections to electrical outlets will not be available
- No nudity – Save that for the Adult Track! No profane, political, disruptive, or religious statements during the catwalk. This includes messages on signs or clothes.
- Do not use any sort of projectile at all! Nothing may leave your person while you are on the stage.
- For the safety of the contestants, no jumps, kicks, flips, or acrobatics of any kind may be performed on staged. No flashpots, explosive devices, or similar special effects are to be used.
- Entrants with large elaborate costumes may bring handlers to assist them onto, across, and off the stage. Anime Blues Con will have staff on hand to assist as well.
- Anime Blues Con, unfortunately, cannot secure or hold any personal items for contestants who take part in the Contest. The staff recommends you leave your bags, merchandise, ID's, keys, and wallets with a trusted friend or family beforehand.
- If any contestant becomes unruly and disrupts or interferes with the Costume Contest at any time, they will be disqualified and asked to leave. If they continue to be disruptive, their convention badge and membership will be revoked and security will escort them from the premises.