Thank you for your interest in attending Anime Blues Con as a member of the Press! Without Media coverage that you, and your organization brings along we at Anime Blues Con could not have grown as quickly as we have. Please be sure to read the entire page to understand our rules, and expectations of Press & Media.
To receive press credentials to cover Anime Blues Con, applicants must first pass a screening process, based on information about planned coverage, examples of previous Anime Blues Con coverage or coverage of similar events, a valid press pass (if applicable) and photo I.D., and other information as requested by ABC Press Relations staff. Applicants should keep in mind that, just because a given reporter or organization was approved in a prior year does not guarantee credentials for the current year. Anime Blues Con does not provide press passes to cosplay photographers or online photo galleries.
Each approved organization will receive up to two complimentary press badges to attend the convention. Extra comp badges and press credentials will be provided only to those applicants that can provide a demonstrated need for more, and is only approved by a case, by case basis. All press badges are comped and must be obtained through the Press Registration process. Press access will not be given to any individuals who are not approved for a comped press badge.
Registrations at the door can only be made for exceptional circumstances by the Director of Media Relations.
Press credentials: Privileges
Receipt of Press credentials provides the following privileges.
- Ability to schedule private interviews with our special Guests of Honors [Subject to Guest availability]
- Ability to schedule private interviews with members of the Anime Blues Con Staff. [Subject to Staff availability]
- Priority seating to all Main Events [Subject to Space availability and other restrictions]
Press credentials are subject to the following limitations:
- Approved members of the Press & Media must abide by all of the following Anime Blues Con: Rules and Guidelines.
- Failure to comply to all Anime Blues Con: Rules and Guidelines policies may have their organization badges confiscated and maybe barred from participating in future Anime Blues Con Events.
- Approved members of the Press & Media must finance all food, and travel to the convention. Anime Blues Con cannot, and will not provide any compensation to the organization besides the approved badges you have been provided.
- Lost Press badges will not be replaced.
- Giving your Press badge away to non-approved members of your organization or member of the general public is strictly prohibited.
- Approaching Anime Blues Con Guests of Honor for interviews without the expressed permission of the Director of Media is strictly prohibited.
Anime Blues Con interview procedures:
- Only registered members of Press may request interviews with official ABC Guests. Interviews will be arranged as guest availability allows; simply requesting an interview does not guarantee that one will be arranged..
- Interviews with official ABC Guests must be requested and arranged through ABC Press Relations staff.
- ABC Press Relations staff works with guests, their publicists and managers, and their industry reps to schedule the guests' time. This policy is necessary to avoid scheduling conflicts.
Ad Hoc Interviews:
- Ad Hoc interviews with general members, dealers, and people other than guests and industry do not require ABC Press Relations approval. In the event you wish to conduct such interviews in one of the available press rooms, you will need to coordinate the space reservation with us.
Proper Behavior for Registered Press
- Registered members of Press are reminded to conduct themselves in a professional manner when acting in a press capacity.
- Professional behavior includes but is not limited to: showing respect to ABC Guests, Staff and other participants; showing up early for scheduled interviews or press events, or notifying ABC Press Relations staff of any delays; arriving prepared to conduct scheduled interviews; obeying the moderator's rules for any press conferences and complying to all photo restrictions, as conveyed by ABC staff or by the guests themselves.
- Since guests' time is limited, registered members of Press are asked to refrain from requesting autographs or personal photos with guests at the close of an interview. Photos of guests to accompany coverage are sometimes allowed, subject to the convenience of guests and to time constraints. All such photos must be prearranged at the time of scheduling the interview.